To get access to your router, you must have the router portal details. And to get access, you must know the Router IP Address. An IP Address is the Internet Protocol which is the host or network interface identification and location addressing and is made up of four numbers parted by a full stop. Now, if you don’t have an idea about your Router IP Address then we’ll help you Find Router IP Address here in a very easiest steps.
Well, the IP address for routers varies accordingly the OS(operating system) and various devices. In this post, we have provided the easiest steps answering “How to find Router IP Address” for different OS and various devices.
How to Find Router IP Address
Router IP Address on Windows OS
If your computer is using the Wi-Fi connection then it will identify ‘Wireless Network Connection’ instead of ‘Local Area Connection’ while On Microsoft Windows 8, the wireless connection will be seen as ‘Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi’, and a wired connection is called ‘Ethernet adapter Ethernet’.
- Open the Command prompt by searching “cmd” in the search box.
- The black window will be opened in your Computer where you have to type “ipconfig”.
- The output will be there for what you have entered to the Router Default Gateway as shown in the figure below.
MAC Router IP Address
- Open a terminal window by clicking on Menu then Finder then Applications then Utilities and then Terminal.app.
- Type “netstat -nr | grep default” there.
- And the output will be there what you have entered to Router Default Gateway as presented in the figure below.
Here are the alternate steps to get IP address details.
- Click on the Apple menu.
- Select an option available as ‘System Preferences’.
- Click on the ‘Network’ icon.
- Select the appropriate network connection and click on the ‘Advanced’ option.
- Click the ‘TCP or IP‘ tab and the IP address will be there on your screen.
Router IP Address on Chrome OS
- Click on the notification area located in the taskbar.
- Click on “Connected to XYZ” option from which the list which appears.
- Select the name of your wireless network and click on the option as “Network” tab to display the results including the router’s IP address.
Default Router IP Address on Linux
- Select an option available “Applications“.
- Click on “System Tools” and then “Terminal“.
- Type “ipconfig” and And the output will be there for what you have entered to get the Router Default Gateway beside ‘inet addr‘.
Router IP Address on iPhone iOS
- Locate an option available as “Settings” and then click on “WiFi“.
- Locate and click on the option “Wireless Network” to which you are currently connected.
- Look in the DHCP section to find out your router’s default IP Address.